Do you have an opinion about which historical fiction novels are best-suited for the classroom?
Assess a book according to this rubric by clicking "Rate a Historical Fiction Novel" at the top left.
I'll post your ratings so they can be easily located by grade level, topic, readability, etc., and I'll link to reviews of the book in other places and the author's website.
(4) Yes and also includes historical notes, primary sources, etc.
(2) A few inaccurate or misleading portrayals
(1) Not a bit
Readability?(4) Everyone - even the most reluctant readers – can get on board
(3) Can be used for a whole class read
(2) Can only be used with a small high-powered reading group
(1) Recommend only to students that love reading
An Engaging Story?
(4) Almost all students will beg to keep reading
(3) Most students will get caught up in the story
(2) Some students will read ahead by mistake
(1) Students will groan when the book is mentioned
(4) Students will still be talking about it in the hallway
(3) Will prompt discussion about major issues in the past as well as today
(2) Will prompt discussion about the characters and the events in the book
(1) Will not prompt discussion