There are so many excellent historical fiction books out there, but there are a few, in particular, I'd love to add to this collection. If you are a teacher or librarian who has used any of the following books with students, please click on Rate a Historical Fiction Novel. It should only take a minute to answer the multiple choice questions.
Here are five books I'd love to receive ratings for:
1) REVOLUTION by Jennifer Donnelly; Topic: The French Revolution
2) THE BOOK THIEF by Markus Zusak; Topic: The Holocaust
3) STORM IN THE BARN by Matt Phelan; Topic: The Dust Bowl (Teacher Resources)
4) MOON OVER MANIFEST by Clare Vanderpool; Topic: Everyday Life in the 1930's (Teacher Resources)
5) RADIUM HALOS by Shelley Stout; Topic: Industrial Revolution, Workers Rights (Teacher Resources)
Of course, if you've used another book that students have enjoyed, please feel free to rate that one, too. The more we share what works, the better off our students will be.
May the beginning of the school year go well for all of you!